These are one of my fave recipes from my second book, Living the Healthy Life. They prove how delicious and indulgent healthy living can be! They are high in fibre and good fats and will keep you full! Love!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- a pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rice or quinoa puffs
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3-4 tbsp filtered water
- Almond butter, for topping
- Place the walnuts, cacao powder, dates, salt, cinnamon, rice or quinoa puffs, coconut oil and flaxseed in a food processor.
- Add 3 tbsp of the water and blend until the mixture is moist and chunky, but not runny. Add more water if needed.
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper, then press the mixture firmly and evenly into the tin.
- If you are adding the topping, spread the almond butter over the brownie mixture and sprinkle with extra cacao powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and cut the brownie into eight even bars.