When I need a protein-packed breakfast that’s equally delicious and nourishing – I always make this sweet berry pancake. It’s full of blood-sugar balancing protein and fibre plus healthy fats to keep you satiated all morning! Decorate with seasonal berries, banana or some extra nuts and seeds. Divine!
Sweet Berry Pancake
- 2-3 egg whites (or 1 egg + 2 egg whites)
- 1 tbsp. LSA mix/flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. stevia
- 1 tsp. coconut butter
- 1/3 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1-2 heaped tbsp. of a mix of sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. organic natural yoghurt
- Whisk the following in a bowl: the egg whites, LSA, flaxseeds, stevia, a few raspberries, 1 tbsp. natural yoghurt, desiccated coconut.
- Place 1 tsp of coconut oil on a medium heat pan (omelette sized pan is best)
- Pour the mixture into the pan and allow it to cook.
- Once the edges begin to look cooked, flip it! Cook through for another minute or two.
- Let the pancake sit for a couple of minutes before you place it on a plate.
- Plate it up and top with yoghurt, seeds, left over raspberries and more coconut across the pancake.