A grain free nutritionally balanced porridge that I’ve been loving during these last winter mornings. There is nothing wrong with oats or grains but many of you tend to avoid them for gut healing and energy purposes – which can help a lot. This is a delicious protein and fibre rich breakfast porridge that will keep your blood sugar levels very stable all morning. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder – pea or whey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana, mashed/sliced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- vanilla stevia drops – to your liking (I get mine from iherb.com)
- Berries, banana, almond butter and chopped nuts, for topping (optional)
- Add a pot to a heated stove and add the almond meal, chia and protein – then add the water and milk to cover the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Add the banana sliced/mashed, cinnamon, sea salt, stevia through.
- Keep mixing until it becomes a creamy porridge like texture.
- Serve with remaining banana slices, swirl of almond butter and other toppings for a little extra decadence!